The Miranda Bouldin STEM Scholarship Essay Contest
If you're seeking a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (S.T.E.M.), then the Miranda Bouldin S.T.E.M. Scholarship is for you! The Miranda Bouldin S.T.E.M. Scholarship is designed to encourage students to pursue study in the S.T.E.M. fields, including Logistics, and upon graduation, use that knowledge in support of the Defense Industry. It's also your chance to win a $1500 scholarship and a laptop computer! So, begin writing! We look forward to your entry and wish you the best of luck!
The Miranda Bouldin STEM Scholarship is designed to encourage students to pursue study in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) and Logistics upon graduation, and to use that knowledge in support of the Defense Industry.
Click here to see the STEM Degree List.
The Inspire & Achieve Corporation will award scholarships to qualifying high school seniors in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone counties who have been accepted to a 4-year Alabama college or university. Applicants will compete for $1,500 scholarships and a laptop computer by writing an essay which will be evaluated by a panel of technical subject matter experts within the Defense Industry.
By submitting this form, the applicant indicates that all information contained herein is complete and accurate. In the event that any information submitted has changed (career change, school change, or additional scholarships are received), the applicant has the responsibility to immediately notify Inspire & Achieve. Any information proven to be untrue/incomplete or any failure to notify Inspire & Achieve of any changes, as defined herein, will result in forfeiture of this application for consideration.
The Miranda Bouldin STEM Scholarship Essay Contest!
Discuss any topic in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) which may also include Logistics.
- Entrant must be a citizen of the United States.
- Entrant must be a senior at any school system in Madison, Morgan, Lawrence and Limestone counties and an incoming freshman at any four-year Alabama college or university; junior colleges and/or vocational schools do not qualify.
- Entrant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher and scored at least 19 on the ACT or 990 on the SAT.
- Must include cover sheet with the following information: entrant's name, mailing address, email address, name and address of selected four-year Alabama College or University, parent's or legal guardian's name and contact information, and anticipated major.
- Choose from ONE of the essay topics in the list above.
- Essay must be no fewer than 500 words and no more than 1,500 words in length. Essay must be typewritten in Arial or Times New Roman with 12 point font, and double-spaced in appropriate MLA style format. Cover Sheet must notate essay word count.
- Essay must be original and the sole work of the entrant.
- Only one entry per student. All required documents must be submitted at the time essay is submitted. Incomplete or partial submissions will not be considered.
- Entries become the property of Inspire & Achieve Foundation.
- Essays must be submitted no later than March 31, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. Central Time. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Winners will be notified no later than April 15, 2019.
- Entries will be judged on expression of ideas, originality and overall content.
- In the event of a tie, consideration will be given to applicant's community involvement, awards, honors and achievements.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- Each award winner and his/her guests will be invited to LogiCore Corporate Headquarters to receive an award plaque, a laptop computer and to take a photo with your award!
- Meet all qualifying criteria as stated above.
- Provide a copy of your high school transcript.
- Provide three (3) letters of recommendation. Letters must be from teachers, guidance counselors or principal of the entrant’s high school on their organization’s letterhead.
- Scholarship payment will be sent directly to the 4-year Alabama College or University where the student is enrolled. Winners will be provided detailed payment instructions.
- Upon award acceptance, winners will be required to sign a release to receive payment and provide specific institution’s payment address and instructions.
Winners will receive an email acknowledgement once the application form is submitted. If you do not receive a response within 24 hours, please contact us .
Comments or questions regarding the essay contest are welcome.